- About Us
- Issue Areas
- Facts & Resources
- Rogers Scholars Blog
A Commitment to Privacy
No Sharing, Renting or Selling of Personal Information
The Coalition collects PPI only when such information is provided on a voluntary basis. We will not sell, trade, rent, distribute, or otherwise disclose personal information to any third party without consent, except as provided in Terms and Conditions, or as required by law.
We maintain a secure process for collection, transmission, and storage of information related to all donations made to the Coalition through this website. At times, the Coalition may need to access individual records for the purpose of resolving a technical problem or a suspected violation of the Terms and Conditions. Certain information such as Internet addresses may also be used to diagnose technical problems and to improve the quality of our website. We also reserve the right to track and analyze usage and volume statistical information about our end users and to use such information in any way.
The Coalition may use "cookies" on some web pages. A cookie is a small piece of data stored on an end user's hard drive but does not itself contain any personal information. Cookies save the end user from having to log in or provide information each time he or she re-visits a Coalition web page and by customizing content based on an end user's interests. The Coalition may also tracks end user activity and click-through behavior while visiting our website. The Coalition may also use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the website, track end user movement and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
End Users may have the opportunity to opt-in to receive future communications from the Coalition. End users can update their personal information and unsubscribe (opt-out) from receiving future communications from us by following the instructions at the end of any e-mail.
Third Party Sites
Web pages hosted by the Coalition often may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of those websites.
End users should review the policy statements of such websites to understand their policies before disclosing PII.
The Coalition reserves the right to change this policy at any time, with or without notice.
Terms and Conditions of Use
Permitted Uses of Our Site and Content
The Coalition is pleased to provide Internet users with a rich collection of content, including video and audio clips, digital downloads, text and images (the "Content"). All Content on our website is the intellectual property of NCHC or certain third parties, and is protected by copyright law. The permitted uses of Content are as follows:
1. You may copy and print individual reports or pages of the website. Use of tools to such as a bot, webcrawler, scraper, spider or other device that "harvests" portions of the site is prohibited.
2. Any copies of our reports and website pages should include our copyright notice or other legends.
3. Content is solely for use for public education, advocacy and personal, non-commercial purposes. Permission in advance is required before you may use any of our Content commercially. Citation is requested when content is distributed or posted on another website, including a blog, social networking site or peer-to-peer distribution site.
4. You may link other websites to this website, but you may not imply or suggest that NCHC has endorsed or is affiliated with such websites. You may not display this website as "framed" within another website.
Submitting Your Content
NCHC welcomes your comments on Content in our website and any other content you choose to submit to us. To avoid any misunderstandings, please be advised that we have the right to (and to allow others to) use, copy and distribute all of your user comments and any content you submit to us, without compensating or notifying you.
Prohibited Uses of Our Site and Content
NCHC has the right (but not the obligation) to monitor this website for any violations of the policies below and to take all appropriate actions in response (including removing material submitted to our website), without notice. NCHC reserves the right to change or supplement these policies at any time.
1. You may not post or send through our site any materials or communications that are defamatory, obscene, profane, indecent, pornographic, harassing, threatening, abusive, or otherwise objectionable in our sole discretion.
2. You may not post or send through our site any materials or communications that may be deemed to be lobbying or electioneering communications within the meaning of applicable federal law.
3. You may not (and may not encourage others to) violate any law, regulation, rule or the intellectual property, privacy or publicity, or contractual rights of others, or attempt to violate the security of this website or use or gain access to the identities, information or computers of others through this website.
4. You may not use this website for commercial, marketing or advertising purposes or to solicit information, transactions or money from other site users.
5. You may not use this website to engage in spamming, flooding, flaming, trolling, spoofing, phishing or other unauthorized or unwelcome online conduct.
6. You may not transmit any virus, worm, time bomb or similar system interference or corruptant through this site.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless NCHC, its members and its affiliates and their employees, agents and representatives from any and all liabilities, damages, losses, claims, expenses and fees resulting from your violation of website policies.
Links to Other Websites
For your convenience, this website may link to other websites. We do not have any responsibility for, any other websites, including their products and services, content, communications and website use policies. You access all other websites from this website entirely at your own risk.
Enjoy using this website, but please understand that you do so solely at your own risk. You agree that NCHC makes no representations or warranties, either express or implied, with respect to this website, and is not responsible for any liabilities, damages, losses, claims, expenses or fees relating to this website, including its operation, functionality, security, transmission of viruses or other subject matter, or any errors or omissions in the Content.
Changes to Terms and Conditions
We may revise or supplement these Terms and Conditions from time to time.
We make no claim that our website is appropriate or lawful for use or access outside the United States. If you access this website from outside the United States, you do so at your own risk. You are solely responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations regarding online conduct and website access. By sending us any of your data, you consent to its transfer to and storage within the United States.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by the law of the District of Columbia. Any disputes regarding this policy or use of the NCHC website shall be resolved solely in the district or federal courts located in Washington, DC USA.