NCHC Forums bring together thought leaders, policymakers and stakeholders for timely public discussions about the future of America’s health system. The views expressed by the speakers are their own and do not reflect the positions of the National Coalition on Health Care or NCHC Action Fund.
- This event has passed.
Alternative Payment Models: Achieving the Next Level of Performance
March 16 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
- Blair Childs – Senior Vice President, Public Affairs, Premier, Inc.
- Vivek Garg, MD – Chief Medical Officer, New Markets and Business Development, CareMore Health
- Michael Le, MD – Co-founder and Chief Medical Officer, Landmark Health
- Mara McDermott – Vice President of Federal Affairs, America’s Physician Groups
- David Muhlestein – Chief Research Officer, Leavitt Partners
- John Rother – President and CEO, National Coalition on Health Care
Faced with growing health care costs and sub-par outcomes, the past several Congresses and Administrations have been in pursuit of alternatives to volume-based, fee-for-service provider payment. But while there is consensus about the need to implement new delivery and payment models, in Washington and in the private market, pace and precise direction of the transition to new models have become open questions.
With David Muhlestein and other payment reform leaders, we’ll assess the state of the evidence to date on broad population-based models like ACOs, disease-based models and episodic bundled payments. Then our distinguished panelists from physician groups, health plans and providers will share how some organizations have delivered exceptional results–and lay out what Congress and the Administration can do to ensure APMs actually achieve the next level of performance.
If you are interested in seeing information about events held prior to 2017 please click here to access the event archives.