NCHC Forums bring together thought leaders, policymakers and stakeholders for timely public discussions about the future of America’s health system. The views expressed by the speakers are their own and do not reflect the positions of the National Coalition on Health Care or NCHC Action Fund.
- This event has passed.
New York Health Care Summit: Strategies for Improving the Affordability of Care and Coverage
November 2, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Please join us and an outstanding group of leading health care experts – including our keynote speaker Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel, author of Prescription for the Future: The Twelve Transformational Practices of Highly Effective Medical Organizations – to discuss strategies for improving the affordability of health care and coverage.
We will examine the underlying causes of escalating health care costs—for employers, patients and families, and public programs—and a wide range of options for making care more affordable. Among the topics:
- how advances in practice—including delivery, coordination of care, collaboration across silos and sectors, technological innovations, and payment models—can reduce costs while improving outcomes;
- how to make markets for health insurance and health care services more competitive and efficient;
- how sharp increases in under-insurance are making care less affordable for insured Americans—and options for addressing this problem;
- how to provide better and more efficient care to high-need, high-cost patients; and
- how to reduce the demand for care by advancing community health and decreasing and treating unhealthy behaviors.
- Sara Collins – Vice President, Health Care Coverage and Access, The Commonwealth Fund
- Bunny Ellerin – Director, Healthcare and Pharmaceutical Management Program, Columbia Business School; President, New York City Health Business Leaders
- Ezekiel Emanuel – Vice Provost for Global Initiatives, the Diane v.S. Levy and Robert M. Levy University Professor, and Chair of the Department of Medical Ethics and Health Policy, University of Pennsylvania
- Neil Goldfarb – Chair, National Alliance of Healthcare Purchasing Coalitions; President and CEO, Greater Philadelphia Business Coalition on Health
- Jack Lewin – Chairman, National Coalition on Health Care; Principal and Founder, Lewin and Associates, LLC; former CEO, American College of Cardiology and California Medical Association
- Joseph Minarik – Senior Vice President and Director of Research, Committee for Economic Development; former Chief Economist, White House Office of Management and Budget
- John Rother – President and CEO, National Coalition on Health Care
This event is made possible by a generous grant from the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation.
If you are interested in seeing information about events held prior to 2017 please click here to access the event archives.